From Rome.....To Pizza

Rome has always been my dream destination ..I guess it would be the same for the most of the Human race , Its by far the most visited places on earth..who ever derivied of the quote of “All roads lead to rome” definetly saw the propotion of beauty the streets of rome had to offer to ones eyes..


As we Docked in Cittechieva ( a port cityabout 100 miles away from rome) My bevildered mind made plans of getting to rome for the amount of time sufficient to atleast gaze at the “Dome of the Peter’s Catheredal’ of witness the the “ La Pieta” Da Vinci ‘s one of a kind work ...as I have been already amazed by the information of the latter with held in its disposal during my recearch for a Blog about my church in the past.



So the day arrived, to my dismay I heard rumors that the port authority of Rome and the Railway department has called for a city wide shutdown of the operations for the day...I took it as just as a rumor and said to myself “ what good dose it make if I tend to give in “...Let me give it a shot

As i walked down to the railwaystation i met few elderelypeople who were returining back a bit dissappointed ...I enquired and much to my dismay the rumor is all but true, My heart insisted to go give it a shot and so I did, closer to the ticket vendor I learnt by the notices that its infact a 60% shut down on the operations ..definetly better than a total black out,


The train ride took about 45 long minutes and had a fair share of Italian glimpses..the sea adjoining civettachea port had a feel of italian riveara by itself, The Yhats and the houses had a flair which only Michael Angelo could emulate. Passing thru every tunnel filled an array of archialogical excitiment which I always wanted to see.Th sight of the dome towering over the marvelous background filled me with contempt ,



My shutter sans resisted and there was beauty on every geometrical angle, Signs of beatification of late Pope John Paul II was all around the square and there stood a 50 foot poster of him depicting his sheer

legendary stature, I searched for the “ chimney of deliverence” and found it and so was the statue of “St.Peter with a Key” catholics believe it to be the key for heaven...which by means depecting that the basciliaca is actullay an heaven on earth.The Que was over 500 people long hovering the Square it felt like seconds before I could enter the pillars of the mighty cathederal , I managed to squeeze in all that I can see ..As i got close to “La pieta” my drenellum was all but slow with goosebumbs and the feel of chill air in my veins I stood in amazement which felt like a breif period churned to be close to 300 odd seconds , As i walked into the cathederal the Arch of Coveneant had its fair share of privacy Shutters and Mobiles were not allowed ..to me that was the most wonderfull of sights I ave ever witnessed an “HolyEuchrist” a Million Pictures of vatican could no where adhere to frozen memories I will carry for the rest of my life and beyond.After a bit of sovenier purchasing for my loved ones i headed to the second assignment in my list,

To pizza,
Walkin away Italy without having a Pizza is like walkin away from a marriage sans wishing the couple,

So I headed to the closest local restaurant which which had patio from where I can relinquish all my sences , I insisted for a local delicacy of flavours to be added on my pizza ........ Vola there in a matter of 15 minutes I was served with a slice which had a crisp yet soft crusted Pizza with Olives, Roma Tomatoes, white Anchovies and a touch of caperberries stringy with enough Mozerella cheese ..Flashes of the meaning of the word pizza ran all my mind , Pizza which in Italian litreally means “To string” , so I Conversed with a bit known Italian to the restaurant manager who said “neva comparamise on cheese when it comes to Pizza”,Time was a touch cruel to me so packed up te Parma Ham Sandwich and off I headed to discover the Michel angelo fort which was 200 yards away Rome had loads more to offer “The collesieum “ which was 45 min away prooved to be too much of a bargain with fate as I have to be back in couple of hours time,

And, so I would say “Tornero" and defiently for more “To string”

Comments

Popular Posts