Jambalaya @ Riverwalk, Big Story called “Cajun”


Jambalaya the very first time I came across this word, made me giggle, as it sounds kinda funny at least for me.
As my early days in the cursing Industry a Demi Chef De Partie, I was Fortunate enough to visit the City of New Orleans on a regular basis of every week; the crusing through the Biggest Delta of the Atlantic Hemisphere was an Experience I savor till this very day, The turns of the Big Ocean Liner called MS Sensation of Carnival Corporation Sure lived up to the Expectations from the very name,As it docked on the famous Louisiana Cruise Ship Terminal, I had been working for Breakfast and Dinner sessions Hence I had Abundance time to tinker around the port facilities, Luckily from the flyers obtained from the Cruise Director Office we learnt that  our dock is situated minutes away from a place called Riverwalk, Which happens to be an attraction point at this Multi cultural Port, As Mark Twains Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn have made an impression of the Mississippi River and its adjoining Places, The Knowledge about the French Quarter and Mardi Gras were all reminiscent of the accumulated wisdom, Barring time which had a control on the entire adventure , I headed out to Riverwalk,
The Riverwalk Marketplace is located at the end of Poydras Street
 near the Mississippi River and features over 100 shops and restaurants unique to New Orleans. Many of the shops as well as the food court enjoy sweeping views of the Mighty Mississippi River.  Housed in an exhibition building originally built for the 1984 World Exposition Fair, this one-of-a-kind shopping and dining complex exudes a true Cajun and Creole flavor that can only be found in New Orleans.Shops were Plenty, The Cajun Aromas filled the air on entering the food court, Sizzles and Grilling Noises were heard all over the area, It was a treat to all senses of Man, As I could head up I found Daiquiri, Pint glasses of Margaritas clinging out of the waitress Buss Trays, The colors soothed the eyes and I was all excited about the very fact Iam in this place which boasts cultural Enigma and PassionThe Music was Vibrant and Jazz was in the air, I could feel the Pulse of Mardi in every corner of this fabulous and colorful Mall, as time was not my ally, I was forced to grab a meal and head back for my evening session, I could smell Chorizos welting on aged wine, It was moving from the place where I could spot at least a majority of people at one counter,, It read “Cedar Grill’ and “Cajun Chicken”,I headed to the counter and yelled out that I Need Combo # 3 which consisted of a Corn on the Cob, Delicately Flavored Chicken which Almost smelled Divine by the addition of Bourbon Whisky on the Finishing moments off the grill, I grabbed a Snapple Peach out of the Beverage Cart as I was a Kid in the Levels of Intoxication on Margaritas or Daiquiris, Much to my despair for the eyes the Plate was Over Pouring with a considerable portion of Jambalaya and a Bowl of Okra Gumbo,  The first spoon of Jambalaya filled the aroma of fresh herbs of sage and oregano on my nostrils, the Taste was out of the ordinary, The Spice level was pepped up by the addition of Chorizo which were deglazed to perfection had a crispy texture, Colors of Red pimento over Dark yellow rice, and the Chicken was one of the most delicate pieces of white meat I have ever tasted thus far, The Mixture of Spices  sure reminded me of the culture and the history what this city of Orleans had to offer, 
I may not have crossed the most of the DO’s when it comes to hanging out at New Orleans, nor did I Visit the French Quarters or the St. Louis Chapel,
One Stands out and that is “Have tasted Authenticity at its home”   JAMBALAYA.

Comments

Popular Posts