An ode to Banana leaf.

Food to me is memories; What it held, what it is and what it holds for the future.
Banana leaf - My memories of eating on one is a norm where I come from: be it baptism where a hot steaming Chicken biriyani hits the greenness of the leaf leaving an aroma to the after scrape of a sambar on Pongal  at a Brahmin weddings or be it the wait for the chunk  of mutton biriyani  to hit the leaf at my beloved Muslim friends Ramadan day. 
When I came down to KL first I realised I have come to place where eating on Banana leaf is still preserved and there is more banana leaf restaurants here than the whole of Chennai, KL preserves the tradition very well. 



In an ode to it , The Banana leaf at #nadodikl is all about flavours from the Onam Sadhya :Sadhya is a feast consisting of a variety of traditional vegetarian dishes usually served on a banana leaf in Kerala, India. Sadhya means banquet in Malayalam

Comments

Popular Posts