Salad Niçoise and that's my style....

On the very first year in a catering collage one bumps onto this recipe many a times, I still can't get my mind to say all the ingredients correctly without looking up somewhere,not to forget the countless moments when one literally tries to remember in their sleep,
After years in this passionate profession, I find it a lot more easier these days, guess that's cos I have a bunch of subordinates who look up to me as the person who has answers for most,Classical salads are hard to interpret and to work the way into it requires a lot of understanding of the processes invoked to transfer each ingredient without hampering the nutritional values and it's original flavours,
I went on to break the shackle of changing its textures rather than manipulating any other characteristics of the salad.
So what is Salad Niçoise?
Salad Niçoise a mixed salad of tomatos and green beans topped with tuna and anchovies and dressed with a vinaigrette. It is served variously on a plate, platter, or in a bowl, with or without a bed of lettuce.The tuna may be cooked or canned. Hard-boiled eggs and Niçoise olives are common accompaniments.

Americans are familiar with a version popularised by the salad included raw red peppers, shallots, and artichoke hearts, never potatoes or other cooked vegetables.

After consideration of playing with just the textures it's on to my drawing books at the far end of my kitchen, I accumulate a bunch of Cfolds and that would me scribbling pad for the next 2 hours.
Concluded on churning tomatoes to a spaghetti and added some maltodextrine to make olive powder,sous vide the tuna and rolled a simple anchovy and finally picked greens not to forget the age old trick of making balsamic caviars using chilled olive oil ... Finally managed an Eureka salad, it's a lot easier to remember for me.

Comments

Popular Posts