Truffle explosion and eureka caprese

The very first page on the book "Alinea" speaks about the famous interpretation of a simple ravioli, and also talks about an explosion of sorts, truffle explosion, if at all I wanted to experience any flavour explode in my palette, it should be some thing distinctive, and hence the bottle of truffle which I procured at Bordeaux came in handy,

I have always enjoyed to weave a magic when it comes to presenting salad in a different tone, as I wanted to depict the same from a website which I stumbled across, creativity isn't copying but this one seemed to resist my temptation, Caprese was all set to be made in a different way yet enjoyable.


Firstly, for the truffle explosion, I combined white truffle oil to a pure of black truffles with a bit of chopped Rosemary, which to apparently was more hostile and to my amazement was more ready to mingle of sorts wit the robustic truffle emulsion I mixed the apparel with gellan and set it on a mould which would later form a semi sphere mould, then I sheeted out painstaking sundried tomato flavoured pasta sheet then a plain and then a verde sheet as well, aligned it and formed what would be a replica of an Italian flag , stuffed those sheets skilfully with the moulds of semi sphere truffles, which later on cooking to al Dante would melt and would be the catalyst for my explosion. Made a gremolata crumble and few caviars of Shiraz & balsamic to finish it off.

As for the Caprese it was clear and simple tomato spaghetti, with a fresh buffalo mozzarella and a dust of basil pesto to run the latitude which coincides an olive aliginated sphere to top off my eureka Caprese...

Comments

Popular Posts