San Francisco's Asian connexion !!!


San Francisco is not just about Golden gate or Alcatraz, one might come up with lots more things to do here, I can definitely string in at least four or five blogs with different perspectives.

After an adventurous afternoon, I had to finish my shift and as it was an overnight here, I choose to gamble my options of finding a place which had charisma with the locals at an Asian part of the city, the roads were not like of the other cities, the streets had so much archeological characters and the elevations seemed be directly off a Christopher Nolan's sole inspiration for the movie "Inception". The cab ride itself was a pleasure with air of excitement rushed me thru when the famous Lombard street or the crooked street was in my vicinity, the time thou was almost close to 12 at night. 


Only the Big Apple had this kind of aura in excitement to me, as we reached the guzzling place close union square. One could see what San Francisco was all about, memories of vice city GTA flashed before my eyes it felt like a leaf out of the game, hookers on every corner, buzzing cab driver,trams even in the late hours, and smell of global cuisine in the air, which ranged from the caramelizing effect of Dark soy on the wok,freshly brewed coffee,smoky Indian tandoor effect just to name a few.

I had done some homework before I got to union square and all pointed to one direction, a hole in the busy building with a title which read "King of Thai noodles" with  a logo of two chop sticks distinctly placed as the word "K" over a noodle bowl.

The restaurant seemed to be close to it's capacity which is in the range of eighty's. The servers were all females with a Perky looking colored T shirts, and the feel was that of a modern day Bistro, where one can hear the scraping of wok and smell the lemongrass through ones nostrils,The place sure seemed like the one which has a reputation of being fast paced and planed to perfection to give their guests the most vibrant service experience, the strategically placed condiments on the tables,the way the cutlery's were embedded were all witness to its standing personality which had beaten the odds of time.

 Pad Thai is what I ordered, my counterpart ordered a noodle soup off the menu as they had a reputation of serving the best of its kind in the area, the food arrived with no delay what so ever, and served in a professional way that most eateries of this calibre sans execute, I even was taken back to see the hospitality been raised to such high standards that even Michelin stared restaurants and luxurious outlets looked mediocre when compared.

Coming back to food, I sure had better Pad thai's yet I could not complain much as it was perfectly cooked flat noodles and the blend of all it's must haves were there with fresh sprouts leaching on as garnish, As for my-counterparts noodle soup to which I stuck a soup spoon in was refreshing and packed a serious punch of Thai flavors like galangal and kafir lime leaves the morsels of meat were so mellow that I felt if I had the space after my course I would surely make room for it, cos I could skip desserts on any give day as I am not that much of a sweet tooth .

"King of Thai Noodles" refreshed me on two things, Service plays an integral part of an eatery and a place doesn't need to be flashy to attract business, good food and smart service would always win the market.

Comments

Popular Posts