Searching for the Best Thai curry bought me to Skagway Alaska !!!


Coconuts churned into coconut milk, pea aubergines,kafir lime leaves and good old bamboo shoots simmered all along with red curry paste and at times green as it simmers the aroma fills the room and then goes the chicken tenders .... And my alarm goes drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaang!!!!!! That to me is a dream which fills my senses and which I wish it never ends and I at times get to live the dream too, I do end up searching for the same aroma at every corner of the world an the closest I got to was at a place called "Starfire" at Skagway Alaska, not to mention I did look for the same aroma in kinda most places of Thai ascent in the west coast, I guess it's the sheer disbelief of people who say that coconut milk ain't got a taste!!! 



And hence the if ignoring part sets in to the restaurants and counterparts like Tom Ka ghai wins over all the odds as it's much more closer to the same appetite,

The place which won me over had a Thai curry which was scuttle in it's texture yet packed with loads of aromas, the chicken was that of a leftover from roast, it was pulled and simmered on a gravy rich in coconut milk and the aromatics, the colour was mellow yellow, 

Erica sure got to know my name as I became a regular every week and ordering the same dish, once she even enquired why I order the same, to her disbelief, I told her it's like, I am living my dream, to be fair this recipe is one of the earliest in my career, I guess it's actually the second time I am dedicating a blog on it,


 Alaskan IPA was perfect,  turned out to be more intense that I had to get two every time I was there, and hence the love story saga with Thai continues...

Comments

Popular Posts